What I Did Today :)
I'm just going to talk about what I did today because it was super fun and it's fresh in my mind.
Early this a.m. Brad woke me up and told me he was going fishing near the Montour Trail and that I should call him when Max and I finished breakfast and come meet up with him. So we did that and found him a little past the 3 mile marker. He'd already caught 9 fish so he was excited about that. He walked up out of the stream to meet us on the trail and then we took Max down to the stream to look at the water. Brad saw a some fish hanging out under some sunken logs in the creek so he threw a few casts in and caught one! Max watched him reel it in and then touched it and said "Ishy!" before Brad threw it back into the creek. It was cool that he got to see a fish. I hope he likes to fish as much as his dad does one day!
After that, we walked back up to the trail and Max and I went walking while Brad went back to fishing. Max rode in his stroller which I think he's going to be outgrowing soon. He's usually always up for a stroller ride but I found out today that he's only putting up with it because usually after we're done in the stroller we stop and swing on the swings (if we're at South Park), or play in the play area (at the mall).
Today, there were no swings, there was no play area. There was a cry fest about the lack of swings on the Montour Trail around the 1/2 mile marker (we were walking backwards... well, not really, we were walking forwards, like normal, but doing the miles backwards). He saw some big old rusty iron A-frame looking thing off into the woods to our right and even though it had nothing hanging from it even remotely resembling a swing he started in with his "WHEEEEE! WHEEEEE!!!" noises which is what he always says when he wants to ride the swings. So it took me the last 1/2 mile to the end of the trail to convince him there WERE no Wheeee's, it's JUST a trail! After he chilled out we came across a little stream with miniature waterfalls that eventually connected with the big stream Brad was fishing a few miles up the trail and I got him out of the stroller to go check out the water. He smiled at it. I think he liked the noise it made as the water rushed over the rocks and into the culvert that took it under the trail and into the big creek. I showed him how to throw rocks into it and make splashes and he thought that was hilarious! It was neat being outside in the sunshine in such a wooded area. It reminded me of when I was little and Cara and I would spend hours upon hours playing in the woods around the house we grew up in and taking long hikes on the trails we'd ride our horses on. We'd build forts out of sticks and find waterfalls to stand under. This wasn't quite the same but maybe once Max is big enough to handle the rough terrain of a non-paved trail, we'll have to go on a nature hike.
"Aydun?" he told me when he was all done throwing the rocks into the water. "Daddy?" Okay, sure, let's go find Daddy again. Every man carrying a fishign pole, wearing polarized sunglasses, a vest, and fishing hat that passed us on the trail that day was greated with screams of "DADDY!!" Luckily most of them were good sports about it and just said "Hi" back to him. When we found Brad again, he'd caught a few more fish and was "Aydun" fishing. It was almost noon and closing in on lunch and naptime so we walked back to our cars together and followed each other home.
Now everyone is napping, except me, I'm going to go fold laundry.
Friday, April 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
sounds like a very nice start to your Friday. i hope it ended well too! I'm sitting here drinking my morning coffee thinking about which run i want to go on (long or short) beautiful weather today and i want to be outside. i need to plant some flowers too. I also have to finish my Spring cleaning I started yesterday and grocery shop for the week. I'm trying to show Troy how useful I can be as a "homemaker" and if I work it takes away too much of my time. haha! Have a wonderful weekend. Love & Hugs.
Post a Comment