Thursday, May 24, 2007

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY, MAX!!
1 year ago, today, I started this blog to fill our friends and family in on what was going on in our lives. Today I looked at that first post, the one with Max's picture sitting by our front door and smiling on his 1st birthday and I can't believe it's been a whole year!
Today at 11:02 a.m., Max officially turned 2! He has grown and learned so much since then. This year when I sang Happy Birthday to him, not only did he dance, but he sang some of the words with me and clapped and yelled "YAY!" at the end! Then asked me to sing it again... and again... and again... and... well... you get the idea.
Today Brad stayed home from work to spend Max's birthday with him. We celebrated by having pancakes for breakfast, then we went to Book Babies at the Bethel Park library but first we stopped at Bethel Bakery to get some cupcakes to share with Max's friends there. Everyone sang to him again at the end of class and he clapped and "Yay"'ed for everyone!
After his nap, he openned his presents from us. He got a new tricycle, a water activity table, and a bubble machine. For dinner we had pizza and Grammy and Pap walked up the street with a great big Thomas balloon and a birthday cake for Max. More singing YAY!!!
On Saturday we're going to have his birthday party.
Max's Current Stats
Height: 35.5 inches tall - 80th%
Weight: 28 lbs. - 50th%
(I suspect he's taller than this, he wasn't standing very straight against the wall as they measured him. I bet he's about 1 inch taller than this)
He repeats everything we say, says his ABC's and counts almost all the way to 10, knows the words to his favorite songs and how the sentences end in his favorite books. He's a good catcher and basketball player, he loves loves loves to swing on the swings, and to tormet our dog Raven.

No comments: