Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 24, 2005 ~ Maxwell Bradley's 4th Birthday

I started this blog on Max's 1st birthday. Now we've celebrated his 4th. These past 4 years have been amazing, being his mom, and have gone SO fast! I'm so glad I have this record of what we've done, experienced, and accomplished. Looking back through the past 3 years of posts have allowed me to hold on to these moments and remember what we were thinking and saying as they passed. Thanks to my friends & family who take the time to come and look at the pictures and read my thoughts.

Max woke up on Sunday morning and came downstairs. We openned presents before we even ate breakfast! He got a new bike, a glove & ball, and some other little toys.


After a much needed nap, he woke up and our parents and Uncle Will, Aunt Barb, Ty & Trevor came over around 3pm to have cake & ice cream and blow out candles with Max. Aunt B & Uncle Will gave him some cool new Buzz Lightyear beach gear. Grammy & Pap got him a Big Wheel which he LOVES to cruise around the driveway on, and Grandma & Grandpa got him a great big slip & slide - can't wait to set THAT up!

I baked and decorated his birthday cake myself this year. I also did those cupcakes for his party at South Park. I think I've fulfilled my obligations as a mom and will be calling the bakery next year! OR maybe not. It was kind of fun!
After the party, we walked down to Hamilton Park for Castle Shannon's Community Day. This is the funnest day! There are bouncy castles & inflatables for the kids, games, airbrush tattoos and lots of good food vendors. Lots of the local business set up booths and have giveaways plus there is live music all afternoon followed by an awesome fireworks display. Some people watch them from the field, but we come home and watch from our deck. It was great! Brad's gram & pap and 2 of their friends watched with us this year, so did Barb, Will and our nephews, Barb's friend Karen and her nephew and our cousin Gary and his youngest, Riley and her friend Samantha stopped over, too.

Getting his airbrush tattoo. He sat down and told the guy exactly what he wanted. "I want my name!" And the artist said "Okay, what's your name and how do you spell it?" He said "It's Max. It's M - A - X." Then he asked him what his 2 favorite colors were and Max said "I yike da color BWUE and GWEEN!" Awesome!

Relaxing on the blanket listening to the bands play

It was a fantastic day and we thank everyone for their birthday wishes for Max!!

No comments: